Friday, November 13, 2009

Update for Friday 13th

I'm 190 miles from Sydney and Ive got 230 to go. Had a better day today, great sailing all day with wind 12 to 14 knots and Sapphire making around 6 most of the time which is a good speed for this old girl. I hit 7.1 knots at one stage but decided I didnt want to break anything so eased the main out a bit. Saw amazing false killer whales an hour ago, about 8 in a tighht group arching their glistening black backs out of the water in unison, passed behind me they didnt stay just headed into the sunset. (so I didnt get a picture) Had a couple of nanny naps during the day and the Hydrovane has been steering perfectly Cooked my dinner of rice and a tin of mild curry meat and veges. Not bad. Weather forecast is OK, no wind warnings for Met Area X so hopefully no dramas tonight. I was trying to decide if I"ve ever gone this long without seeing another human...how about you?

Ive got the YOTREPS report sorted so check that and see where I am. Its funny how the scene outside is basically the same every day except for clouds. So far so good.

Sapphire Out

----------
radio email processed by SailMail
for information see: http://www.sailmail.com/

No comments: