Sunday, November 29, 2009

Damn the weather

Didn't I say I was so looking forward to seeing NZ and the Capes? Well all bloody day I've been surrounded by this thick sea mist, like fog making everything damp and cold, and where the hell is New Zealand? And the wind hasn't picked up so we are grinding our way along trying to get to North Cape and hang a right but its taking for ever. I may as well have have gone over the top of the Three Kings LAst night and forgone the sight seeing but this time yesterday we had a brilliant wind. How fickle it can be. I think I mentioned getting in by Xmas!

See what happens overnight.

Sapphire Out

----------
radio email processed by SailMail
for information see: http://www.sailmail.com

2 comments:

Tom Baker said...

Heyy David i'm one of Zoe's friends she gave me ur link. I think what your doing is mad and i have so much respect for you i cant imagine how hard it would be. When i race with my grandpa I get tired haha. and believe me i know how frustrating having no wind can be. I have read all your blogs haha. Yeh anyway thought i would leave you a comment to let you know. Cya. Tom

Anonymous said...

Yeah David, Good to read you - so glad to see you are still above the water and drinking MILO too. Here with Aileen smiling at the thought that you are nearly there, hooray.
love us here in Nhulunbuy, Tessa and Aileen (and Mundesley that lovely wee dog too !!)