Thursday, November 19, 2009

Some Vision

Well there she is, on the mooring just inside North Passage at Lord Howe Island. And in the pic below you can just make out Sapphire in the distance.
The internet Cafe on the Island has two computers and yesterday both werent working but today this one is but its very slow.... I'm terrified after the 20
minutes its taken to load these pics and type this its all going to crash...
In a few minutes I'll be off to the Met Office - gee its hard to type on a keyboard thats not leaping about all over the place - and then to the shops for some fresh bread and fruit, then I'm meeting the man with the diesel truck to top up my diesel then out to the boat. The next time I set foot on terra firma will be in NZ in two weeks....I'm feeling nervous again but I must go on. Next Blog wil be from the boat again via Sailmail . I'll be leaving here about 8 am when the tide is approaching full, and heading South around the bottom of the Island and out past Balls Pyramid. Then the heading is close to due East for North Cape...
REMINDER: I cannot access this webpage from the boat so if you post a comment here I wont read it till I get to NZ. I really enjoy getting your emails on the boat but they have to go to this address: vjn3327@sailmail.com Please send me some - but text only and also if you are replying to one from me, dont just hit "Reply" as you will also be sending back the email I sent to you and that just takes up bandwidth and slows the process of getting your email - send a "New" email OK?
Bye for now.

No comments: