Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Evening Update

Well the Big Motor continues I'm afraid and in nine hours I will have used my allocated Diesel. I will still have 15 liters in reserve for any dramas where I absolutely have to motor, but I wont be using the motor just to keep progress happening from tomorrow morning. It will be very frustrating just sitting here waiting for wind but it is forecast and will arrive soon enough, perhaps even by the morning. Some good sized swells have started to roll in from somewhere south but the surface of the sea is still glassy smooth.


Today I saw another yacht. It was heading in the opposite direction to me and also motoring. It was a much bigger vessel than Sapphire but we didn't pass close enough to get much detail. I had my radio on but didn't try to call them and I didn't hear any calls from them.

The other event to relieve the boredom today was the appearance of a large orange fisherman's float bobbing about all,by itself. I diverted to check it out, and approached warily because I wondered if it was attached to a whole lot of rope or netting but underneath was a meter of growth and nothing else. However it had its own little ecosystem of fish swimming around and they momentarily detached and circled around under Sapphire, swimming in a tight group in exquisitely clear water.


But that was about it for today. I've started on The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes - how quaint it is - having finished the Voyage for Madmen, and I've tidied around the boat, had my bed linen and mattress out in the sun, and I'm just looking forward to doing some sailing.


Sapphire Out.

----------
radio email processed by SailMail
for information see: http://www.sailmail.com/

No comments: