Thursday, November 12, 2009

This is tough

Picture this - the wind is 18 knots and the main is reefed and I have the number two genoa out.The sea is rough and we are pushing along at 6.2 knots heading slightly north of due east.
Theres water over the boat frequently and the ocasional thud as we drop off a steeper wave. And now try to imagine how the hell I am managing to write on my wireless keyboard wedged into the nav station. The sun is shining and its hot in the cockpit so I came below for a vegemite and lettuce sandwich plus some water and some nuts and a muesli bar. Occasionally the little window beside me is under water but otherwise seawater is streaming down off it...no serious dramas but its a pain bashing to windward against sea and wind...

Last night was much quieter, in fact the wind died all together at one point. My AIS woke me to point out we were on a collision course with a Ship, there was amazing phosphorescence in the water and unbelievable stars . I slept on and off , no more than maybe 30 minutes at a time, so like I said its tough- this is a real test all right and theres a southerly on the way.


Sapphire Out.


----------
radio email processed by SailMail
for information see: http://www.sailmail.com/

No comments: